Almost Purrfect

Monday, June 19, 2006

To market, to market...

Mika Pic of the Day.
Happy Mika on her beanbag. If you look closely, you can see the stitches from her desexing surgery

My new cyclamens, which I don't think will live for very long. As you can see, we use Blast. Lots of bubbles and cleaning power for such a little bottle!


View of the lake in the Carribean Gardens

Scary Carribean Gardens Restaurant sign. Fortunately, the rear view mirror got in the way. The lattes at the restaurant taste like mud and froth

Chris and I have been going to different markets for the past few weekends. First, we went to the South Melbourne markets. I loved it! It's got everything from clothes to craft to fresh produce. We went home with a large green potted plant, a huge carton of fresh veggies, crabs, pork, the leanest minced beef I'd ever eaten, and chicken. Chris also bought me a cashmere and wool coat... mmm luxury :D If anyone visits Melbourne, I recommend the South Melbourne Markets. It's a bit smaller than the Victoria Markets, but that's what I liked about it.

Last weekend, we went to the Carribean Gardens. I wasn't impressed. Firstly, they charge you per person to enter the grounds. Secondly, the markets only make up about 20% of the space. The rest is made up of kiddie rides, Japanese Gardens (just a bridge and a few trees), and a restaurant with the scariest looking sign I've ever seen (see above). Despite these tremendous obstacles, I still managed to exercise some retail therapy and bought 2 scarves and a pair of gloves. Chris bought ankle guards - how boring.

This weekend, Chris's dad wanted to buy a second-hand laptop, so back we went again. I got to take Chris's little sister, Anthea, shopping. Thank goodness everything there's pretty cheap, or I would be broke. Notice I didn't take any pictures of the actual market because I got a little distracted by all the stalls. Anyway, I bought a pretty pot of pink and white cyclamens and was delighted with how they looked on my kitchen window. But all good things must come to an end. My mate Mel faxed me an article that said just one or two cyclamen petals could be fatal for cats!!!! :( So I think my little flowers will have to go outside the window sill and will probably die because I won't bother with watering them.

I should probably also include a picture of the cheapie watch I bought for $15! But I can't really be bothered to take a picture and I can't figure out how to put pictures between text.

I would love to explore the other markets in Melbourne. Chris doesn't like shopping at malls, but doesn't mind markets too much. Maybe I can convince him to make this a weekly thing ;)

xoxo,

J

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Hello! Sounds like you have been having a good time shopping :D This carribean gardens place sounds like a bit of a rip off! Can't believe there are places like that in australia. Hope it was only a gold coin donation to get in. The cyclamens look good ... try not to kill them ;)
btw check out clare's site for funny pics of Raven and Kiri on our weekend away last weekend.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home