Almost Purrfect

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

So how about this weather, then?

I sometimes have the tv on in the background when I'm cooking or doing odd chores around the house. Tonight, I saw an ad on tv for a show called 'Our World: The Weather' or something like that. They're showing a full-length tv program about the weather?! I know it's about the weather all over the world, but come on! Are we really running out of interesting programs to show on tv? I think we need more wacky gameshows, like the ones in Japan. I saw this crazy one where they got people to wear huge sumo suits, and these little Japanese women were whacking them with mallets. That must be great for destressing.

On a slightly different note, I've been eagerly awaiting the opening of a bridal boutique just down the road from where I live. In a perfect world, I will walk in there one afternoon, instantly find my perfect gown, and it will cost under $300. I did find my dream wedding dress on the weekend Mel was here. It was a Linda Gorringe dress in blush thai silk. Yes, it's pink. But so pale pink that you can't really tell unless it's next to a white dress. Sigh.. my 'Strapless Poppy' that I can never wear because it's $2500.

Chris offered to put his tax return towards it, which I thought was very sweet. But I cannot justify spending so much money for a dress I will only wear twice (once in Australia and once in Singapore). He also offered to fly Mel (who will be one of my bridesmaids) back to Melbourne again so we can do a proper 'find the wedding dress' session. Awww! And he's going to ask one of his clients (who is the owner of a hairdressing chain) if they can do hairstyles for me and all of my bridesmaids! I think he should be the bride ;)

One of my friends at work just got married, and it's reminded me that our wedding date is looming close, and other than deciding on our reception venue in Australia, we have done nothing else. I'm starting to get excited at the thought of embarking on this new stage of our lives together, but it's also frightening how permanent the whole thing is. I wonder if everyone feels this way.

Oh well.. time to take a shower and then cuddle up with Mika in bed :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I am sure everyone gets cold feet... if you are sure it feels right the feeling will pass soon I'm sure :) All the best for your preparations and let me know if I can do anything.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home