Almost Purrfect

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Wedding countdown!

Ok, this isn't really a countdown because I'm too lazy to calculate how many days till the big W but it's getting close.

Things we still have to do:
Print invitations
Organise honeymoon registry
Find a photographer
Find a makeup/hair person
Organise flowers
Confirm cake order
Organise dinner tasting
Buy wedding rings

Sigh. We went to see a travel agent at Knox yesterday to organise a honeymoon registry. It seems pretty straightforward, just sign up and they do the rest. I am so psyched about the idea of a honeymoon in Tasmania. It looks so beautiful, and my sister says the seafood there is great. Who could ask for more?

I have also been putting off ring hunting because I'm not entirely sure what I want. I can't decide if I want a plain band or with diamonds. I just have a solitaire, so ideally a plain band looks best with it. But I want the option of just wearing my wedding ring, and it would be so boring without any sparkle! The other problem is my engagement ring is very rounded in profile, and most bands are a bit flat, so they don't look like they match perfectly. I'm a Virgo - these details matter!


The shank of my ring is really 'rounded' and quite wide. A perfectly matching band would have to be custom made :(

Last night, Chris and I went over to his mum's and partner's home for dinner. Their belongings had finally arrived from Bahrain, and we were really curious to see all the rugs and furniture that they'd bought there. Some of it was pretty amazing. There was so much attention to detail, like intricate carvings on every part of a table, or tiny bits of brass inlay in parts of a stool most people wouldn't even notice. We received two beautiful belated Christmas presents too - a stunning blue wool-and-silk rug and a hand-carved walnut multi-tiered tray.

I was so amazed by the workmanship. It's a completely different way of life there... people have the time to lovingly embellish and sculpt, while in other countries, it's all about getting as many pieces out in as quick a time as possible. There's no character; you can't look at a piece and imagine an artist painstakingly creating it.

Anyway, I also received a tray of saffron! I'm so excited. I've never cooked with saffron because it's so expensive, but I'm cooking paella this week :)

Chris's mum cooked us a lovely dinner last night. We had scallops with mint and balsamic vinegar, lamb and couscous, and honey and saffron ice cream. Honey and saffron sounds like a strange combination, but it was lovely. The saffron made the ice cream really fragrant, and a little 'warm'.

Ok, I think it's time to get my butt into gear and look up photographers on the net. Till next time :)

Mika's keeping an eye on me...

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

keep and eye out, I am sure you will find the perfect ring to go with yours. We kinda just shopped around a bit. I'm not virgo so as long as it didn't clash I was happy with mine :)

5:20 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

oh I forgot... you also need to think about the wedding favours :P

btw the above post was supposed to be keep an eye out ... blah fast typing at the office.

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home