Almost Purrfect

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Waiter, there's sand in my jelly!

















Summer is slowly fading away and we are getting shorter and colder days. Living in Melbourne, the weather can change at a moment's notice. I remember one particularly hot evening around the Christmas period, when Chris and I were feeling listless. I suddenly had the urge to sit at the beach and eat jelly and watch the tide roll in.

Chris is already used to my mad whims, so after a bit of persuading, we headed off to Mordialloc, about 45 minutes away from where we live. It was pretty windy, and I remember feeling like I was walking against a wall of pressure as we headed into the supermarket to get some jelly cups. You'd think that would have given me a hint that it was NOT a good night to sit at the beach. But noo.. we soldiered on and finally made it to the beach.

The wind was twice as strong there, and sand was being whipped up like we were in the middle of a desert sandstorm. At least I was getting my legs exfoliated! I needed two hands to hold on to my jelly cup, and of course, I inevitably ended up with sand in my jelly... and my eyes... and my clothes... and my shoes... I finally had to admit that this was not one of my better ideas. We braved it out for about 10 minutes, then decided to head home. The next time I get an idea like that, it might be a good idea to check the weather report BEFORE heading out!

We have been making progress with wedding stuff. My wedding ring was finally ready on Thursday night, so we rushed there after work to pick it up. The diamonds weren't spaced the way I had imagined, but the look is growing on me. I like how it looks unique, and there is room to add a diamond on either side further down the track.. maybe to mark a milestone in our marriage (like first baby, buying a house, etc.) It was weird having two rings on my finger, but I'm sure I'll get used to the extra weight. Besides, I actually prefer it without my engagement ring. I think it looks plain, but with a hint of sparkle.



I can flip it around so it looks like a classic plain band and doesn't look too blingy!





It was Chris's birthday this Saturday, and I had organised a party at Hogs Breath followed by a round of glow in the dark minigolf. It was a lot of fun, and I think Chris had a good time. He is now 29... hehe... old man! I'm still a spring chicken at 27!

Ok, more random pictures... this is the best spaghetti marinara I've ever had. It wasn't even at a proper restaurant. For any spaghetti marinara fans, I recommend Matthew Flinders. It was only $16 and you get mussels, scallops, fish, prawns and the best part - a stuffed crab!!! When it first arrived, I thought it was just a crab shell for decoration, but it was actually stuffed with crab meat. The marinara sauce is delicious - tomato-ey but also with lots of the best quality olive oil that has an almost grassy flavour to it. Chris wasn't too impressed with his steak, but I would go back again for this spaghetti.



I bought my wedding shoes over the weekend. It was hard to justify paying a lot for a pair of white shoes that would never match anything else I own, but then again, you only get married once. I love my shoes. They were $65, and have tiny Swarovski crystals on the top. I love the way they have been embroidered at the top to resemble lace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

hi!!! glad that youa re getting so much stuff done :) Your ring does look very pretty and suits you. Glad I will get to see you soon :)

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home